Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

ArchiCAD, WibuKey and the Snow Leopard firewall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone managed to get ArchiCAD to work with a WkLAN Server when the Snow Leopard Application Firewall is running?

Simply adding ArchiCAD to the allowed list doesn't work. I've also tried allowing port 22347 in my ipfw list, but that doesn't work either...

Any help will be appreciated!

Error!.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
I had a similar problem - worked fine for me with Leopard, but could not get it to work with Snow Leopard. I have since been switched to a CodeMeter key (which also will not share from my Snow Leopard machine).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone managed to get ArchiCAD to work with a WkLAN Server when the Snow Leopard Application Firewall is running?
Yes and that all works OK.
Simply adding ArchiCAD to the allowed list doesn't work. I've also tried allowing port 22347 in my ipfw list, but that doesn't work either...
Adding the WIBU port to the firewall services list (both UDP and TCP) works fine here.

Based on your screenshot, are you sure that WkLAN Server has licenses available? - if machines using licenses crashed the WkLAN Server may need flush the licenses in use....

Hope that helps..

J
Anonymous
Not applicable
JacquesMiov wrote:
Adding the WIBU port to the firewall services list (both UDP and TCP) works fine here.
The problem is that the firewall only allows you to control connections on a per-application basis, rather than a per-port basis, and adding ArchiCAD to the allowed applications list doesn't help.
JacquesMiov wrote:
Based on your screenshot, are you sure that WkLAN Server has licenses available? - if machines using licenses crashed the WkLAN Server may need flush the licenses in use....
Everything works just fine if I disable the firewall - so yes I'm pretty sure there are licenses available. But I want this to work with the firewall enabled..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a thought, since this has seemingly just solved a similar issue here:

Have you added the wkuMacX application to the Firewall exceptions on the Client machine?

J