Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD to dwg/dxf--PLEASE HELP

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having difficulty finding the Add-on to export ArchiCAD 8.0 (student) file to .dwg or .dxf file format, and all 3D characteristics must stay. I am taking a Viz/TriForma class in school and would like to use one of my ArchiCAD projects. Does anyone know where I can find such an add-on?, is this even possible?

Thanks
-David
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
The AC student version cannot export to dwg though it can import them. To export your file to dwg you have to use the university licence.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was able to find a method of doing this in the student version.

1. Setup a fly-through, 2 or more cameras (I do not think you need more)
2. Under fly-through setup, change output format from .avi or .mov to VRML, .wrl file extension
3. In Viz use Import, and it came right in.
4. For some reason the 3d model (now looks like a microstation import), was rotated 90 degrees along the Y axis, change angle back to zero

This is a rather complex method to import but it worked without the loss of anything major.

----David
stefan
Expert
If you use VIZ, you can export the 3DWindow as a *.3ds file, which can be imported in VIZ just fine.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book