Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAd hatchs to AutoCAD Hatchs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello to everyone, i´m an old user of the forum, but this is my first post here.

I tried to search this topic in the forum but i didn´t saw results, so if this topic was tried before, please excuse me and i apreciate the link.

I work in an architectural office, and i´m the only one who works with ArchiCAD, my other partners work with AutoCAD, i didn´t have any problem with file transfers between cad´s, the only issue is the hatchs, AutoCAD has very ugly and limited hatchs, so we work with the cool ArchiCAD hatchs, i also create new ones, but when i send a file from archicad to autocad, my friends open the drawing, even with the exactly hatch that i use in archicad, but when they try to edit or copy or scale or something, the autocad shows a error message, i know this is because that hatch doesn´t exist int the hatch table. So my question is if someone knows how to insert this new hatchs from archicad in the hatch table of autocad, convert the original hatch in a real autocad hatch.
1 REPLY 1
Cesarr,

please find attached an autocad lisp routine that can be used to extract hatch patterns from a file so that they can be re-used and edited.

This utility is from Tee Square Graphics, their website is www.turvill.com/t2/
Regards,

Scott
MSI Creator ZP16, i7-12700H, 32GB RAM, RTX 3070 8GB