I’d like to open an AC model integrated in Google Earth on Ipad Pro for demonstration purpose for our client.
So far, I’ve tried 3 ways of export-import and none of them works correctly. At every attempt I have different kind of problem that I describe here. Did anyone have the same issues? Solution?...
I. The first way: Using AC-> Google Earth desktop-> Google Earth Ipad via KMZ launcher
1) In AC 3d window-> Send model to Google Earth
2) It opens my model in Google Earth on desktop
3) In GE -> Save as .kmz
4) Send this .kmz file by mail or download to my GDrive.
5) On Ipad: choose the .kmz file location and send it to KMZ Loader application
6) In KMZ Loader -> choose the file and click “open”
=> Most of the time the GE opens but crushes only seconds after opening, even not showing the location of the project. Sometimes it opens correctly but only shows the “ArchiCAD location” pin. However, there is “ArchiCADmodel” file in kmz file contents.
II. The second way: Using AC-> Google Earth-> Google Earth ( .kml file)
3) In GE -> Save as .kml
4) Send this .kml file by mail or download to my GDrive.
5) On Ipad: open this .kml file directly in GE application
=> GE on Ipad opens correctly but only shows the “ArchiCAD location” pin or just a project location without project.
III. The third way: Using AC-> Google Earth-> (.kmz file)
1) In AC -> save as .kmz file
2) Send this .kmz file by mail or download to my GDrive.
3) On Ipad: choose the .kmz file location and send it to KMZ Loader application
4) In KMZ Loader -> choose the file and click “open”
=> Works similar to above mentioned ways, either GE crushes or opens only project location without AC model.
I've tried the export with different locations but it doesn’t change anything. My kmz/ kml file is only about 7 kb ( a simple test model) so I don’t think the reason is in there...
There was only once that I’ve got a model opened on Ipad, but it contained 1 wall only…
I will appreciate any help as well as other solutions (other software) for my purpose!