Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiStair 2 - 2 story's - How?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just started to use Archistars at work (ArchiCAD 16 and ArchiStair 2) and have questions. I have residental building with exterior stairs on 2 or 3 storys and stairs are not the same on each story. I would like to hear advice how to add railing after stairs with just selecting polyline and stairs when stairs going on 2-3 storys. Also what is the best way to do custom stairs with fills over few storys when fills are overlapping through storys.

Mikey
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess its hard to find a good tutorial/guide for ArchiStair 2. And by that I don't mean that usual stuff that came with bought copy (PDF) or video tutorials on Youtube. I'm talking about some specific stuff as working on one stair through 2-3 story's where stair on every story is different but connected and custom (fills). Or making ballustrades with polyline, stair components and slabs through few storys (polyline is overlapping in top view). I can't get this to work.
If anyone have any good page with tips and tricks for archistair - let me know. Will really appreciate any help on that.

mikey
Anonymous
Not applicable
the important things is where you put the node in the polyline,
in this case I draft a false slab just for the right gravity
Alberto
Anonymous
Not applicable
That looks nice. Yes, I did figure it out about polylines nodes for better fitting of railings. Maybe picture will explain what problem I'm having.
Attached is a 3D picture of stairs (custom from fills) with railing added later selecting stairs and polyline. Anyway, when I did setup stairs with ballusters right away they look bad probably auto inserting of posts messed up. Inserting railings later selecting stairs and polyline looks much better. Now fun starts. I have U shaped stairs below thise stairs that needs to be connected to these stairs. I have to do this because stairs have to be custom and fills are on top of each other if stairs go on two or more storys (need advice on that too if any). So I have to do custom stairs for each story. Not worried about stairs connecting but for railings. Is it any way to connect railings from two separate stairs so they kinda merge and form nice blend into each other? Or can I fine tune it to get same result? I want best result if many, not worried of little more work to get it. 😉

Thank you again for your previous respond

mikey
stairs3.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
can you send me the stairs and slabs?