Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiStair for Ac9?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone know if there will be an Archistair for Ac9? If so, is there an ETA?
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm
I have not search the railiing customization because i thought it was the usual predifined railing...
I will do so.

I will spend some time on archistair and come back with my homework done
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio,

Regarding other add-ons....
We have also some plan about curtain walls but I don't know if a "specific" add-on for this purpose could be interesting (who knows?) maybe we could delay just a bit ArchiWall and add this code into it...

A curtain walling add-on would be good, possibly with a parametric window generator as well. ArchiDesigner was an add-on that generated parametric windows for up to version 7, as you are probably well aware. The ArchiCAD library curtain wall objects are good but not quite smart enough, for example you cannot create a faceted curved curtain wall, although of course curved curtain walling is ususaly faceted. AutoCAD ADT has a specific curtain wall tool I believe.

Regarding ArchiStair, I think its great, am enjoying using the v9 copy at last. The editable hotspots are really useful to sort out irregular shapes for top and bottom treads. As I mentioned before handrail heights on landings in the UK have to be different from on the flights of stairs, so ideally there would be a hotspot in 3D on landing handrails, allowing you to adjust the heights.

Also an ArchiStair wish list item....

As it is possible to build your own toolbars and access all the commands in ArchiCAD 9 (more or less), you can add the "Show ArchiStair pallet" command to a toolbar, but there is no icon for it. Therefore you get the whole lot in words which is too long. Can the ArchiStair api provide icons for the menus so that you can put an Architsair icon on your toolbar (assuming this is possible in ArchiCAD). The same would go for all the other Cigraph add-ons.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ok...

added to the Archi-Cigraph wish list!!!
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Daniel Lindahl
Contributor
Andy wrote:
....The ArchiCAD library curtain wall objects are good but not quite smart enough, for example you cannot create a faceted curved curtain wall, although of course curved curtain walling is ususaly faceted. AutoCAD ADT has a specific curtain wall tool I believe.
Andy

Have you looked into my Curtain walls objects available at Objects Online? There is a straight and a curved (faceted) object. They might fit the bill. At present they are Objects, and contain glazing and mullions/transoms only, with an even grid.

Take a look and see what you think.
cheers
Daniel
-------------------------------------
Daniel Lindahl Architecture
AC24 | Dell Inspiron 16+ | Windows 11
Gorazd
Booster
Dear Fabrizio

When I try to launch ArchiStair in AC9 I got the message: Invalid unlock code or unlock code file is corrupted!

I tried to reinstall ArchiStair, get the unlock code again from cigraph web site, but nothing helps. Where is this file located? We have NET 3 ArchiCAD.

regards
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
This means you are trying to use another dongle (different from that one used to got the unlock code)!

Did you change your dongle (maybe for update reason)?
Fabrizio Diodati
Gorazd
Booster
I really don't know what happened (it is a customers site). They have only one keyplug NET 3, and they just bought the ArchiCAD 9. They tried to register ArchiStair and then phoned me, that it doesn't work. When I went over there, there was nothing I could do. Is there a way to resolve that?
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Fabrizio

Could you please advise on our course of action in the following situation: The office I work for purchased a copy of Architerra, and ordered six copies of Archistair.
These were all unlocked using the parallel port dongles on machines at the time.
When we ugraded to ArchiCAD 9.0 we were told that USB dongles were required, consequently with these new dongles came new serial numbers and our Cigraph plugins no longer function!!

Is there someone I can email the details to, can our plugin licenses be re-serialized to our new dongles??

I realise this is sensible security for your software, but I am hoping there is a way out in our situation.

Many thanks,
Simon McLean
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Simon,

of course this isn't your fault but any of our Distributor should well know the procedure to solve this issue!

I simply need a sort of certification from your Distributor (or from who sold you the software, usually OOL in the USA market) saying you changed your ArchiCAD dongle and I will immediately reset all your Registration ID that means you will be able to serialize all your plug-ins, once again, using the new dongle... of course free of charge!

The serialization process is, for sure, a security for our software but the users don't have to pay for it!

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati