BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiStair problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're right. I've tried with new version and it works fine. I was using v1.9 with this new features unavailable.

Don't know if you can help me with archistair. It doesn't work in my computer. I pass through all the creation dialog box, and when you press create button and you're supposed to place the new stair nothing happens, just the selection cursor. This happens in my laptop, but in my desktop computer everything works fine. Just to get crazy.

Thanks in advance
10 REPLIES 10
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
This means it is running as demo version...
You should serialize it.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
No need to serialize at all. I'm using a NFR license from Graphisoft España because I've been choosen for educational courses in northwest Spain. And NFR license can use apis without serials.

And In my other computer works perfect.....
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
So, please, check the Stair layer settings... and, I will never advise enough about this issue... please enable the ArchiCAD warning messages.
The most of users disable them so they cannot get any info on what is happening...

Please, let me know...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio, you're beeing very kind with me and I'll love you forever. Where the hell is the warning messages activation option. I'm sure for all gods that I haven't deactivate that.

Just another curiosity. I've transport a file where everything was working fine from my computer to my laptop, just to be sure that there wasn't a problem of stair definition or layers. Of course in my laptop didn't work
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Just to be sure (never trust too much on the Gods...) check it's really enabled.
Then when you open the PLN on the laptop don't you really see anything?
neither in the Plan or in the 3D window?
You should see at least a little green dot (if some object is missing or if it is wrong).

Try the following:
1. Totally, remove ArchiStair from you add-on folder
2. Open that Project and you should see the gree dot
3. Reistall ArchiStair by downloading the latest version

Let me know...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all I feel embarred to say that I don't know how to activate warning messages in archicad

Second. I've test a file with a single stair made with archistair in the laptop. Uninstalled archistair and opened the file. The green dot is present, but no stair. Reinstalled archistair. Opened the file. The stair is present but I can't make modifications. And of course, I can't make new stairs....

Frustrating, isn't it?

I'm going to use the laptop on my formation courses.....

Another thing. Latest version made no change....
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
FIRST: look at the attached image, it shows you how you can enable/disable the warning messages.

SECOND. You see the stair but you are not able to modify it... what do you mean?

Friendly
Fabrizio
WE.png
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the warning message check box activated. (and I always had). I didn't realized.......

OK, I've opened in my laptop the file with the stair (that was created in my desktop). If I try to modify parameters the dialog box appears, I make changes, and when I apply the modifications nothing happens.... The same when I create a new stair. I pass through all the dialog box, select the type of stair, adjust parameters, press OK, and nothing.... the latest archicad tool remains active....
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Just one idea...
after you click on the OK button after you made the modification on the stair settings dialog window and nothing appears... did you try to rebuild and regenerate your current view (if this doesn't work please go on another floor then come back to the previous)?
Maybe it is only a trouble with your video card...
You just wrote (if I well understood) that you created the stair, nothing appears, save and then reopen the plan and it was there...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Learn and get certified!