BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiTerra 2 terrain painting

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been a long time user of ArchiTerra, it's my favorite add on. But, I've become completely frustrated with new Paint Terrain tool. I can't get it to work at all. I'm on 8.1, I have actually been a ble to get to work in 8.0 with limitations (just little chunks at a time). I've upgraded ArchiTerra to be compatible with 8.1. This is what I do just like the directions: I create a fill in the shape of the painted area that I want. I select the terrain (created by ArchiTerra) and the fill and hit the Paint Terrain tool. The settings box comes up like it should and I set it up the way that I want it. I hit OK, it looks like there is a calculation, but nothing results, no painted surface. I've tried this quite a few times including with really small terrains and fills, but I never get anything. Is anybody else having this issue? Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
Absolutely! Me, too.

Neither of my machines can do it.

Are you missing any other functionality? Contour lines??

Fabrizio has asked me to send an error message, but since there is no 3D error, there is no way for me to report what is going wrong.

The thing seems to "blink" as it operates - this usually indicates an error of some kind.
Dwight Atkinson
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear friends,

it sounds very strange!
Please could you send me a PLN file (I don't need a PLA) with a little ArchiTerra terrain and a fill you are not able to use with the Paint Tool?
I know that this maybe sounds strange to you (from what you are writing the Paint tool doesn't work at all!) but I'm really able to reproduce this error and a lot of user are utilizing ArchiTerra with the same functions without any trouble.
If you could send me this example it could help a lot in fixing the bug...

Thank you very much
friendly
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Brian,

thank you very much for you precious help: looking at the file you sent me I found a “silly” bug that occurs with the paint tool when the terrain has very high topographic level!

We were not able to reproduce this bug because we have been so silly to don’t test this tool with so high terrain.

I just fixed the bug (BTW it wasn’t in ArchiTerra itself but in the Paint object in the embedded library!): tomorrow I will ask my developer to re-compile ArchiTerra (both for Mac and Windows) and I will upload this new version at the usual location: www.cigraph-store.com and, ASAP I will upload it I will notify you (as well as the other Cigraph users) on this forum.

Thank you very much again for you kind collaboration,

Best regards,
Friendly

Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio,

Thank you so much. Your service has the same high quality as your products!
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I just uploaded on our web server (www.cigraph-store.com) the last maintenance updates for ArchiForma 2.0 and ArchiTerra 2.0.
Let me thanks all those users who kindly submitted us their bug reports and who help us so much in improving our plug-ins.

friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
all goood work
Learn and get certified!