Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiTerra CROSS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio, what’s the purpose of “ArchiTerra CROSS” object found in ArchiTerra 20.LIB\Road Crosses library? It’s not mentioned in ArchiTerra User Guide at all. One would expect that ArchiTerra uses it automatically to generate road junctions but it doesn’t.
Is it possible to process a junction automatically in order to integrate it into the land-similarly to the way plateaus are processed?
The way I create junctions is that I built up junctions manually using plateau tool and then connect these plateaus by roads (so I don’t use ArchiTerra CROSS at all). But it crashes all the time this way…
11 REPLIES 11
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
http://www.aboutarchiterra.com/FAQ_2.htm

here you can find all the explanations...

Friendly
Fabrizio

P.S. the next major update (ArchiTerra 3.0) improved a lot this field...
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks a lot for this!
as far as I understand there's no similar way to manage T junctions?
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
just the same!
The cross object provide you with an option to choose the number or crossing roads...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD still crashes with ArchiTerra.
I have a total of 5084 points for terrain. Is this too much? Could this be the reason for crashes?
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Send me the file (please, delete anything but the ArchiTerra data) and I will check it...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
...just sent it...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio, my ArchiTerra appears as version 2.02 on Scroll-Down Menu and as version 2.05 on Add-On Manager. Why's that?
It's ArchiTerra 2.05 (AC90) add-on file in my C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9\Add-Ons\ArchiTerra 2.05 folder.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Don't worry, the Add-on Manager says the truth.
AC doesn't update the menu name (I already wrote a warning about this issue on this Forum - regarding the WE behaviour...)...

Friendly
Fabrizio

P.S. Time over! not bad for the first day of work after the XMas holidays... see you tomorrow.
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
...but the terrain does not follow the curve which means that the digging/embankment volumes won't show accurately in the calculation. This way ArchiTerra CROSS object is only cosmetics.
So I'll still need to use plateau tool for this.