BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Archicad 18 Bim Server Backup

Chadi SAROUFIM
Contributor
We had the option in 17 to backup the BIM server projects? where can we do that in 18? Thank you.
-------------

Chadi Saroufim, Assoc. AIA

M. Arch & M. Urban Design, Partner

Idepconsult – Mounir Saroufim and Partners

ArchiCAD 23 INT

Windows 11
4 REPLIES 4
Matthew Johnson
Advocate
I'm looking for a way to have better control over the PLN backups that BIM Server creates. The PLN files are created by the client machines and saved back to a backup folder on the BIM server with a file name that records only the time and date.

What I'd like to be able to do is direct these PLN backups to another network location (NAS, Server drive with offsite backup etc.) and have them use the project name in the file naming convention so that I can search the backup files.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?
Matthew Johnson - POWE Architects
AC4.5 --> AC27 & Revit 2019 --> 2023
Asus Zenbook Pro 16x i9-13900H w/ Nvidia RTX 4070 4K dual, Windows 11 64bit
I'd rather be sailing.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Chadi wrote:
We had the option in 17 to backup the BIM server projects? where can we do that in 18? Thank you.
In the BIM Server Manager, go to the Projects page.

Then on the left pane, click the Project name. The right pane shows the Project settings. (You might have to make your browser full screen to see everything). At the top in the right pane you can see the large buttons called Settings, Backups and Activities. Click the Backups button and there you can set the backup schedule by clicking the Edit button.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Matthew wrote:
I'm looking for a way to have better control over the PLN backups that BIM Server creates. The PLN files are created by the client machines and saved back to a backup folder on the BIM server with a file name that records only the time and date.

What I'd like to be able to do is direct these PLN backups to another network location (NAS, Server drive with offsite backup etc.) and have them use the project name in the file naming convention so that I can search the backup files.

Does anyone have any idea if this is possible?
This is not possible unfortunately. The only thing you can do is when you create a manual backup you can specify a name for it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to access automatic backups if the project itself has been deleted from the server and not exported?
Learn and get certified!