Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad 19 can't import .skp file cause of empty file error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I'm in trouble with this problem. After I had saved a SketchUp 8 file with SU Pro Trial, and wanted to import in AC19, I got an error message:
"There is no elements in SketchUp file"

Can you offer me any solution, what could cause this?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kb. véletlen jöttem rá a hibára, és a megoldásra is. Ékezet van a felhasználói nevedben, azaz a személyes mappáidnak az elérési útvonaljaiban is. Hogy ne kelljen új felhasználói fiókot csinálnom, úgy oldottam meg, hogy csináltam egy "AC 19 Special Folder" nevű mappát a C:\-re, majd a regeditben a képen látható elérési úton módosítottam az adott regiszterek értékeit az előre elkészített mappa elérési útvonalára.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
gabokorte,

The language of the forum is English so next time please post in English.

For others who may be interested: He is saying that this issue happens when you have a user account name that has an accent in in (for example: "Péter").
He created a folder and in Regedit he modified the path of all Special folders to point to this location. (This is also possible to do and is more convenient to do in the "Data Safety & Integrity" and "Special Folders" pages of the Work Environment Dialog.)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27