BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Archicad 19 too slow on Teamwork Projects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
We are using Archicad 19 both as individual .pln files & teamwork projects. It works fine if it’s an individual file but on teamwork projects its running extremely slow.
For any activity that we do like – reserving elements, shifting between views, send/reserving, the system slows down with a spinning wheel. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to reserve a single element. Many other times it shows a spinning wheel for no reason at all.

The PC is Lenova Think Station E32, which has got 16gb RAM, Latest Graphics card & should perform reasonable well with AC 19. Moreover we didn’t have any of these issues while working on AC18.

We have tried the following:
deleting the local teamwork folder on c:drive & recreating it when AC next starts up.
Uninstalled Antivirus Software.
uninstalled & re-installed BIM software.
disabled background updating

We have also sent the file to Graphisoft for them to investigate but they didn't find anything. so I am writing in here to see if any of you have experienced similar issues & if you can please suggest any solution to this.
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Try updating Java to the latest version on client computers and your teamwork server.

We had similar frustrating issues when the latest Archicad update came out and we had a few versions of Java between the computers.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response & advice.

We did do an internal check on the java version we use & it seems to be consistent along all computers, but it still runs slow.

you mentioned about having similar issues - is it mainly to do with any communication with server?
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Our problems were all Java based.

Since 18 works, are all the ports set up on 19 (I can't recall offhand if they are different than 18 ). Otherwise I'm not sure what the issue might be for you.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Anonymous
Not applicable
we took the default port that AC19 picked up while installing - I mean its automatically allotted by AC which is http://CKBIM:8080. Is yours similar?
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, we also took the default port which is same as mentioned by you. We recently noticed that it is may be project related rather than the bim server because after upgrade the network box its only happening on some projects
Learn and get certified!