Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad 20 to C4D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

When re-exporting an Archicad model to C4D (with Vray) for rendering, I've discovered that I cannot reference the previous file's textures, cameras, rendering settings etc. I had used the 'din3d' plugin on previous versions of Archicad (which was incredible btw) but this is no longer available for new versions. The current export plugin does not even 'tag' the Archicad model within C4D - further evidence that referencing was not considered in this plugin!?!?

What plugins do other renderers use for exporting to C4D - so one has the option of updating the Archicad model in the future?

Thanks for any insight
e
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
The current cinema4d add-on shouldn`t even be called an add-on at all. Its useless. I can`t handle large scenes. You all should take a look at now defunct Din3D plugin, and learn from it, or acquire it, because its development stopped. The speed it can export large scenes(under 2 minutes for large scenes), the optimization of those scenes(10% of the number of objects your add-on exports). No one needs a curtain wall to be splitted in 1000 objects for the glass part and another 2000 objects for the structure. The UPDATE option its the most important thing you have to take notes. Please HURRY UP because the current workflow to export to the only professional 3d aplication part of the nemetschek group is S**T.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still true to this day and could not have said it better myself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
emerich wrote:
I had used the 'din3d' plugin on previous versions of Archicad (which was incredible btw) but this is no longer available for new versions.
The last plugin I have works on Archicad 20 et C4D R18. I you have purchased the plugin before, just send him an email to request to update your C4D serial.

Here are the links I got from Din3D newsletter

Plugins for Archicad -> 20
Archicad exporter (win)
Archicad exporter (mac)

C4D:
R12
R13
R14
R15
R16
R17
R18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lets hope that he will update for archicad 21 also. But still graphisoft has to improve this workflow.
Eduardo Rolon
rodut1112 wrote:
Lets hope that he will update for archicad 21 also. But still graphisoft has to improve this workflow.
+1000
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
rodut1112 wrote:
But still graphisoft has to improve this workflow.
What is worse, it's that the Din3d plugin is just the same (improved) as it used to be before. It was a paying add-on from graphisoft. Now it's free and useless
Anonymous
Not applicable
2017.......Archicad 21. Still no improvement. Good job GS. Keep it up!
DGSketcher
Legend
I have only exported to C4D once to an external consultant. This was done by setting up the 3D view, going to the Photo Rendering Settings window, Select Engine: Cinerender by Maxon, Select the down arrow next to the camera at the bottom of the window and choose Export to Cinema 4D. This creates a 3D file and sub folder of textures. I mailed these to the consultant with a PDF of my rendering and he said everything opened as expected.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
I have only exported to C4D once to an external consultant. This was done by setting up the 3D view, going to the Photo Rendering Settings window, Select Engine: Cinerender by Maxon, Select the down arrow next to the camera at the bottom of the window and choose Export to Cinema 4D. This creates a 3D file and sub folder of textures. I mailed these to the consultant with a PDF of my rendering and he said everything opened as expected.
Its basically the same method as saving as .C4d. The difference is that the scene combine option pop-up and it saves more elements for lights/sun setup. The issue still remains, that you can`t update the file if you run the scene combine command. At least I rediscovered the archicad scene combine in C4d. Thanks.