BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Archicad 22 Attribute Manager: error while loading attribute set from file

mmbrajohan
Booster
Hi there.

I am currently busy creating a template file and I need to import the attributes from another project into the template.

I can import the fills, but surfaces, building materials and composites seem to give me an error: error while loading attribute set from file.

I have tried to switch off the 'include the associated attributes' tick box while importing and exporting as well, but it gives the same error.

Is there anybody who encountered this before?
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

If you are exporting them from an earlier version, then it is not an error. Transferring Attributes between different main versions (e.g. between AC20 and AC21) is not supported. If you want to do this, first open the old project in the same version, and save it. After this they are both the same version, so you should be able to transfer attributes.

If it is not that, then it can be any number of things. If you send me the exported files, and the 2 plan files (the one you exported from and the one you want to copy it to), I can take a look.

Also, in the meantime, you can also browse for a PLN/TPL in the Attribute manager, not attribute files only. This way you might be able to move your attributes.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Chris Grantham
Advocate
Was a resolution to this found? I am running into the same problem trying to share attributes (wall composites) with several teamwork projects that are hotlinked into a main file.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Chris wrote:
Was a resolution to this found? I am running into the same problem trying to share attributes (wall composites) with several teamwork projects that are hotlinked into a main file.
Hello Chris,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry about the experience!

May I ask for some more information about the issue? Is it happening only with teamwork files or with solo files also? Which method do you use to share the attribute?

Have you tried Daniel's suggestions? And did it work for you or not?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Chris Grantham
Advocate
Hi, I am not sure Daniel's suggestions apply here as I am not sharing attributes between different releases.

I have not checked to see if it works when the modules are simple .mod files and not TW files. When I have a few min to set up that use case, I will and report back.
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Learn and get certified!