Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad 22 New Calculation Capabilities

poco2013
Mentor
FYI:

Today Archicad added 6-7 YouTube videos which describe the use of formulas in properties and therefore Schedules.

This makes obsolete the necessity of using the difficult and quirky List Schedules to achieve the same functions. Well worth viewing and worth the upgrade!! There are a few obvious deficiencies but a great start. Hopefully enhancements in this area will continue.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
I have been liking this in testing.
The formulae can get a bit complicated (depending on what you are trying to do of course) and the matching of calculation units to the data type I am sure is going to cause a few problems.
But overall this is a huge step in not needing the old listing scheme any more.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think Expressions in Properties is potentially the biggest new feature of this release and people will only realize in time how many scenarios they will be able to solve with their use, especially because in these expressions there are functions that do data conversion and string manipulation. With these expressions they will be able to create Properties that contain the exact piece of data/information they need and then these Expression-based Properties can be used in Labels, Schedules, Find & Select, Graphic Overrides, and Collision Detection. Lots of potential there, in my opinion.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
poco2013 wrote:
Today Archicad added 6-7 YouTube videos which describe the use of formulas in properties and therefore Schedules.
This makes obsolete the necessity of using the difficult and quirky List Schedules to achieve the same functions.
I suppose by that you are referring to the old Listing functionality, not the Interactive Schedule functionality, right?
poco2013
Mentor
LaszloNagy wrote:
I suppose by that you are referring to the old Listing functionality, not the Interactive Schedule functionality, right?
RIGHT -- Not completely happy with the functionality seen in the interactive schedules formulas but far superior to the listing method. Hopefully Archicad won't let this one lie idle for the next 20 years?
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I hope so, too, that further developments will be happening in this area.