BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad 23 - List Schemes not saving

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello:

So im making custom "element list schemes" in order to calculate budgets.
I am able to make it work: create de profile, filter elements by layers, and make lists in (m3) or (m2) of the elements i need.

The only problem is that the layers i select are lost once i close the file...
Every other change in the file is saved, with the exception of layer filters in this option -_-.
So everytime i want to use the lists, i have to reactivate the selected layers i want to use one by one.

I tried saving it as another file, save current views, etc.

Did not work. What i am doing wrong?.

Thanks!:
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you show a couple of screenshots about where exactly this happens and the settings used?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Image 1: Lists - Elements - Custom list scheme (that its successfully being saved)
https://ibb.co/pywghWV

Image 2: List scheme settings - all layers unchecked everytime i reopen the file
https://ibb.co/RpWb6dH
poco2013
Mentor
FYI:

AFAIK -- List schemes are only saved upon the first time they are created and saved.
After the next time you open the plan, you can re-load the scheme and make changes, but the changes then are only held in memory, you can not then save the scheme and once the program is closed, those changes are lost. After the the initial save, permanent changes can only be made offline by manually changing the XML file. As a alternate, you could create a completely new scheme with the new features needed, name and save the scheme (file), and just switch to it when you need to.
There is a old 20 year paper which explains the file format and how to change it offline.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature,but it is the reason few use list schemes.

You may want to take a look at the new Python feature, which can parallel those old list features -- SOMEWHAT
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Gerry!, very clear answer.

also thank you Laszlo.

Regards
Learn and get certified!