Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Archicad 23 (teamworks projects) super slow / lag switching between tabs after Archicad 22 migration

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are running Archicad 23 using Teamwork projects but have verified this with the same solo project as having the same issue. Comparing the Archicad 22 to Archicad 23 for the same project and there is a 20+ second delay when going between tabs such as from a section to plan view or any tab to be honest. This only started after the migration from 22 to 23. Anyone with a similar issue or solution please let us know or where to start to find solutions.

We are running the latest updates for Archicad 23, Window 10 pro, 32gb ram, Xeon 3.6GHz, NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5gb video card
9 REPLIES 9
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

I'm wondering if this issue happens on a brand new file or on any migrated file only? Does it happen with all machines in your team or with certain machines only? We need to narrow down the issue to file-specific or computer-specific in order to move on with the investigation.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply.

To answer your questions it has been an office wide issue so not computer specific. It has also been across multiple teamwork projects. I have also tried saving out the teamwork project as solo projects and repairing the file and even as a solo project it still has the same issue. Now if its a AC new solo project from scratch it does not have the issue. Of interest it does not have the issue in AC22 teamwork or AC21 Teamwork.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. Is it possible for you to share with me a solo project file that will demonstrate the slowness on AC23? Let me know if you’ll need a secure link to send the file to!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, please send the secure link to upload
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

The link has been sent to you via Private Message. Let me know once you finished uploading the file!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minn

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I know it has been a while since we requested help with this issue and then we got very busy and did not send the file. We are very much in need of help with this issue still and would like to send you the file as requested. Can you send a new link in which we can upload the file please?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi there,

I have sent you the link again via Private Message. Please let me know once the file is uploaded! Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
All files have been uploaded as requested.
-Thanks
Paul King
Advisor
Similar experience here.

Something I am noticing in particular, that may or may not be related, is massive lagging when switching between ArchiCAD 23 and other app windows, despite ample free RAM

When this occurs, Task Manager usually indicates some level of disk writing and network activity associated with ArchiCAD is happening.

Perhaps ArchiCAD is using what it thinks is 'idle' time to catch up with deferred BIMserver or other local file writing processes?

Certainly my current level of editing activity makes no difference to this - it keeps happening even after successfully sending and receiving, with no further editing activity.

The problem is that I must task switch between ArchiCAD and my email application (MS outlook) constantly throughout each day, and the penalty is several minutes wait time every time I do so, before ArchiCAD becomes responsive again, just so I can pan view to check or screenshot something else, and resume my email on the topic.

A single email being composed, in which I need to refer back to change view in ArchiCAD a few times, can entail me twiddling my thumbs for 10 minutes or more

My actual ArchiCAD modelling and drawing time in other words is being dwarfed by the frustrating task-switch ArchiCAD waiting time during the course of each day, on any project large enough to teamwork.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop