Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archicad 25 Archive to Archicad 24

AndreasBritz
Participant

Hi Everyone,

My Practice is working with another Practise on a joint project. They are designing the exterior of a project in Archicad 24, and we're designing the interior in Archicad 25. We subscribe to some additional libraries for our interior design that they do not have, so usually, I'd save the file as an Archive file. However, can Archicad 24 open Archicad 25 archive files, or can I only save my file as an Archicad 24 file? I'm anticipating they will not be able to see the content if I save it as an Archicad 24 file. 

Alternatively, am I better off exporting my file as an IFC model?

Any suggestions/advice would be great!

macOS Big Sur l 2020 l 10core Intel i9

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

The other company will not be able to read the archive file because it will still be a version 25 file.

Unless of course they upgrade to 25 as well.

You can 'save as' a version 24 file.

You could then open it in 24 and save it as an archive file and it will now be in 24 format.

The only problem with this is if the 3rd party library objects you have are not compatible with 24 you will lose them.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Yves
Advocate

Hi,

If you place the interior design objects in the embedded library they should be able to be stored in the Archicad 24 file

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13
Eduardo Rolon

Also you can download 24 and work using that version instead of 25. GS lets you download previous versions without issues.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator