Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 25 Teamwork migration dimension bug on layout sheets

pdiune
Contributor

Anyone experiencing a bug that occurs to dimensions that looks like they are randomly stretched on the layout sheet but are fine in the view map.  This occurs on interior and exterior elevation views.  Temporary fix is to open the view, then update on the layout sheet...but the dimension bug will sometimes reappear on the layout sheet.  This happens only in Archicad 25 teamwork files that have been migrated.  

The migration process for teamwork files is saving a solo file from 24 teamwork file and opening in 25, then sharing the file.  The dimension bug does not appear on the solo files, and only a few teamwork files have this issue.

AC 25 USA and earlier
Windows 10 Pro
10 REPLIES 10
Karl Ottenstein

Could you post screenshots that show the issue?

(I moved this to the Collaborate forum, since you indicated that the issue only happens in Teamwork and not in a Solo project.  I'm adding the Teamwork label to the post as well.)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I am not able to upload a screenshot.  Is there a limit to the file size that can be uploaded?  The file is only 155 KB.

AC 25 USA and earlier
Windows 10 Pro

@pdiune wrote:

I am not able to upload a screenshot.  Is there a limit to the file size that can be uploaded?  The file is only 155 KB.

There should be no problem with a file that size.

Use the camera icon when you compose your post and search for the file you have saved.

And so I just found if you are using a screen capture program, you can just copy and paste the image.

Barry.

BarryKelly_0-1631233685576.png

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

This is the error I get when I try to upload the photo

pdiune_1-1631299619166.png

Anyway, here is the image of the dimension bug

pdiune_2-1631299719881.png

AC 25 USA and earlier
Windows 10 Pro
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

Thanks to the help of our colleagues, we believe this is defect DEF-4509. What happens is that the dimension (entirely or with one point) is associated with an element that's on a hidden layer. The good news is that this bug will be fixed in Archicad 25 Update 2.

I hope this will explain the situation. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience! Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Do we have an ETA on the update 2?  This issue has been making it very difficult for our office, my only solution was to downgrade the projects to 24 again after countless hours of doing the workarounds and troubleshooting.

ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Ajaytonpe
Contributor

We need this update really on urgent basis as we are suffering in our all projects. We are team of 19 😢

AJAY_T

Hi Nguyen,

Has the update 2 been released? We have updated to 4013 UKI. I'm just checking we havent missed anything as the bug is still causing us a real headache. 

Many thanks

Section dimesnion markers view saved on layout.jpgSection dimesnion markers view in model.jpg
Many thanks for reading.

Regards,

Chris S
Version: Archicad 25 (6000 UKI FULL)
- - - - - -
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
- - - - - -
CSP Architects
www.csparchitects.co.uk

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for the question!

This is another defect in our system, registered as DEF-5363. What happened in your case is that: when we use the arrow style, with a dimension that is too small, the arrows are too close to each other, therefore the program can't draw the two arrows in this place. The code can't handle this situation, and can't draw any arrow after this point on this dimension.

At the moment, we are still working on a solution for this issue. Unfortunately, there is no other workaround than using a smaller arrow, or changing to a different dimension marker.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT