Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad Grasshopper Live Connection - Port Number can't be changed.

I have the connection installed on AC25, but I'm doing a bunch of work in Archicad 24 sessions. 

It appears that unless my AC25 is the first AC started, it latches onto another art that Grasshopper can't see and, contrary to what the manual says, I cannot change the port number inside Archicad or Grasshopper. 

If that's true, can we please have access to the port number setting restored?

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
3 REPLIES 3
ryejuan
Advisor

@Aaron Bourgoin i agree with you. i have also noticed that when i'm running several AC25. While rhino grasshopper is somehow locked into one port while AC25 will have different ports since the other AC25 that was opened earlier is locked onto that one port.

The only work around i did was if i planned to use grasshopper i would close all AC25 and open a new one to match the port of which rhino grasshopper is locked in.

Hopefully the devs can resolve this. 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Kvalheim
Contributor

I'm having the exact same problem and frankly I cannot understand how this issue is still present. When can we expect this to be fixed? AC39?

ryejuan
Advisor

yeah, not sure if they over look this. 😆

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards