Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Archicad cannot connect to the bim server....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone

Been a long time since I have been on....

I have been having a very strange problem with one of my clients.

For some reason Archicad does not want to connect to the bim server. I can connect to the bim server via the web browser. But not directly from Archicad.

I have double checked that the build numbers are the same, no fire walls are on, no anti virus is on, server has a static ip.

Does anyone know anything regarding such an issue?

Installation was Archicad 18 build 4020 on windows platform local pc's and server.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7
stefan
Expert
Are the correct ports open?
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a similar issue with this too, where I can only log on to the web manager and not into the client.

The weird thing is, is that I am able to login on another computer with the same login info, so i'm assuming there's an issue with my main computer.
stefan
Expert
FWIW, my sysadmin opened the external IP & Port for the BIM Server Manager (...:1228) and we can connect from ArchiCAD to the server but in the back, there is a second communication to the v18 module which requires port 18008 (by default). In our case, even with 1228 open, we needed to establish a VPN connection to get ArchiCAD talking to the BIM server.
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
If all the correct ports are open... Is the BIMServer machine properly registered on a dns server in the office? We had lots of intermittent problems with connections until this was correct. In the short term try adding your BIM Server Name/IP information to the windows host file. There are a ton of resources on the net for this if you google.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I would assume the port IS open if i can access it on the network on a different computer, but that is the only one that can access it client side
KenMcN
Contributor
As Stefan suggested, the issue is probably with your external ports, which don't affect internal network traffic.

If you have a firewall restricting incoming traffic to the network you will have to open the ports on this device/computer, probably via a web interface.

I'm not an expert, but have had to learn a bit about this, so I hope this is helpful if not incredibly clear!

Kenny
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
stefan
Expert
I can assure that with port 1228 and 18008 open on our network, I can access the BIM Server Website (webbbrowser) and the BIM Server from ArchiCAD, without having to open my VPN connection. So network traffic passes through.
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book