Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad convert to 3ds max

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, Anyone know how to convert archicad file to 3ds max file?

I had tried to save .pln file as 3dstudio, it will prompt: Construct 3D studio objects according to:(i selected)- Archicad objects (native output), it warm me that too many faces or vertices for one object, then i can't save it.

Anyone can help me?
9 REPLIES 9
What is the file size?

Did you turn off layers of all unwanted objects before you try to Save as .3ds ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Fran_ois Chatelain
Contributor
Hi Hazel,
generate a 3D view of what you want to export and then save as 3ds from the 3D window.

Cheers
Francois
François Chatelain
Worldwide Digital Imaging
Formerly posting as RanXerox
"A little bump will help blur your reflections"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Hazel

I use dfx files from ArchiCad to 3ds Max.
Simply generate a 3d in ArchiCad, press "save as", choose dxf to save with the option for the translator "for as is output" (the other options doesn't works fine with max). After that simply import in max

cheers
Dwight
Newcomer
And if the file is too large, do the export 1/2 at a time.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Hazel

Francois is right, do a 3ds export from a 3D view in ArchiCAD. DXF, DWG do not work as good and are much larger, to many facets, material names and layers won't be split up as in ArchiCAD. Years of experience and trial and error did make the 3ds export by far the best to work with in Max especially if you have a large model.

Here are the settings to use:

Materials
1000.0 mm
tick Object=group name ( 7 characters )
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You can get my personal workflow here: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=35364

Regards Ede
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks anyway, that will do for me also
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried to export to max with
Materials
1000.0 mm
but when i import to max the building is small.

using Archicad 17 and max 2011