Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad doesn't save Lists, components, descrpt...

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having one problem....

I want to make same lists but everytime i finish my work and save file, i loose everything i have done...

Drawing is there but lists, components, descriptions, properties, links to criteria are lost...

I tryed save, save as but nothing works...

how do you save your lists, components, descriptions, properties, links to criteria with archicad file ??? Do you have similar problem ?

I have attached pic....Before and after

somehow archicad can't overwrite existing database...

I saved my project database (master gdl, comp,crit,desc,key,unit)
to embedded library, can that be problem ???

Do i have to run archicad as admin ?

Archicad 17, 64 bits, build 4005

problem.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I saved my project database (master gdl, comp,crit,desc,key,unit)
to embedded library, can that be problem ???

SURE

....when i saved library from embedded to my hard disk and then i linked it to archicad libraries it start to work as it suppose...updating changes

Something fishy is goin' on with archicad calculations....

I hope GS team will refresh this long forgotten part of archicad
Karl Ottenstein
Everything about the database/Calculation engine (vs element/component schedules) is pretty much the same as it was in the year 2000, so I'm not completely surprised that it doesn't recognize putting the database in the embedded library.

Until you posted your observation, I was going to guess it was a permissions problem.

Thanks for finding the workaround which will help others who might run into the same thing.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB