BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad exchange information with Microsoft Excel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I madea big variaty of objets with a lot of cleint infotmation with, my problem is that i lose a lot of time in copy and paste of informations all the day .
Can you tell if there is some kind of a tool or a metode to coyy tables from excel into archicad objets informations ?
Thank you
Cordially.
1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can exchange information between ArchiCAD and excel using Properties.

You can list the properties in schedules (which sort of look like excel tables already) and exchange information using these. There are some youtube tutorials about this method on the archicad youtube channel. I believe this was introduced with ArchiCAD20, but the method should still work the same way in 21 or 22.

While you can't use the properties to directly influence object parameters, you can set up properties to work with objects.

For example, you want to list some technical specification properties like max. noise level or something like that, you can create a property for this and set it up in archicad or through excel import/export.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!