Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad export to Autocad text problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I draw and saved my project via Archicad 21 and export it to DWG. However when I looked the DWG format texts are not right. The space or types of fonts are changed. In DXF-DWG translation setup, under save options I chose paper space with cropped view's content. What can I do to fix it?
4 REPLIES 4
Hello mervelousss,

Do you have configured the font match into dxf/dwg translator ?
Or are you sure that autocad has access to the font used by archicad ?
Did you link the SHX file with DWG file ?

The SHX format supports various Type 1 PostScript fonts and can also be used to store fonts and small building blocks that are usually inserted in drawings.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
We have several different PCs with Archicad installed on Windows
separated licences
same versions
all updates (Archicad + Windows) up to date
pln or TW...

Problem:

After we export the same data to dwg with the same export filter - The result is different text (for example Roboto)

Example:

Picture 1 - Incorrect output

Picture 2 - Correct output
you need a couple of things:

a) a copy of the default Autocad template file called acad.dwt

b) add this to your preferred translator in the Save options (see screenshot)

c) create a font-style conversion table with one item for each font in your file (see 2nd screenshot).

The file I grabbed converts our preferred font to Arial and gets rid of the acad stick font.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good day, the problem persists. I know the function using template from autocad, but it doesn't work. If I use font Roboto for example, then it doesn't work. We have 11 computers in the office. On 1 pc it works and on others it generates bad dwg (variant without autocad template too).