BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad export to DWG (Generated Dimension Issue)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm having a big problem with generated dimension from ArchiCAD to DWG.
- I know it's only due to ext line of ArchiCAD, dimension will be generated multiple style. I think it is not good idea programming but I don't know how it worked.
- The dimension's position and value is very odd when I stretch node or take any command to dimensions.
- I tried to change all of dimension to Standard DIM style to solve the problem manually but I cannot control the Ext line (on off status) or length of ext line.

Very happy with any suggestion (Maybe Autolisp to change all dimension to Standard style within keeping the ext line length if cannot solve DWG Export issue from ArchiCAD)

Thank you very much.
Regard,
SAGI-Viz
13 REPLIES 13
So if you want to conduct your research yourself, I invite you to create as many publications as dwg translator by modifying only the export modes of your dwg to find the parameter that could solve your problematic

And if finally none of your exports solve your problem, then it is that the trouble is not on the side of Archciad but perhaps on the side of the application that reads your file

Archicad is the first in the class in terms of interoperability, but Archicad can not guarantee the behavior of all other software
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried many DWG translator but same result. I want to ask you that there is no problem in AutoCAD when modify exported dimension like me?
If there is no problem, can you send me your DWG translator to test myself?
I don't have Autodesk software so I can't verify it
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your kind.
I will find solution to solve my problem.
Hai wrote:
Thank you for your kind.
I will find solution to solve my problem.

I invite you to post the question on the Autodesk forum because this is a technical problem with software that is not from Graphisoft

Good Luck !
Christophe - FRANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are there anyone have same my dimension problem when export to DWG from ArchiCAD?
Thanks
William Yan
Expert
Hai wrote:
Are there anyone have same my dimension problem when export to DWG from ArchiCAD?
Thanks
Hi there, I have the same problem. Not only edit the dimension, but also change dimension style parameters.
And I think all the archicad user will have this problem when export DWG to autocad. I think it IS the problem the graphisoft should fix.
Some one maybe only using Archicad and none autodesk product. But the DWG format is so globle, and if graphisoft call them openbim, they should make dwg data exchange more user friendly and more robust.
AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
William Yan
Expert
att
AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I think many people have same this problem. Thanks for confirm.
Learn and get certified!