Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad for Civil Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there! I am new here. My name is Dino and I am from Croatia, Zagreb.

I finished school for Civil Engineering and I was working most time in Autocad. Once I went for "Extra learning" classes with my dad's colegue, he taught me how to work ( basics ) in Archicad, and i like it!
My plan is to finish Civil Engineer University, but I do not know do I need to know to work in Archicad because it's main is purpose for architects? Can I make bridges, roads and rail roads in archicad? What do you think is it better to expand my knowledge in Archicad ( for buildings, roads, rail roads and Bridges ) or to dismiss all that and jump to autodesk products for that purposes. Please I need some info and advices.
26 REPLIES 26
I think it is a mistake to ask (mostly) architects what you will need to be a civil engineer. You will get better information from looking at advertisements for civil engineering jobs, and talking with civil engineers.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Im just asking will it be benificial for me to invest my time to learn Archicad and its plugins for my branchee ( Civil Engieering ) or to turn for Autodesk Products?
Okay, I'll try to write more clearly. This forum is mostly architects and architecturally-oriented people. They generally do NOT have any idea what the best investment of your time is, related to civil engineering, let alone Croatia. You really need to ask this question in a Croatian civil engineers' forum.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should try talking to Marin Racic at 3DArt

http://www.3dart.hr/Item.aspx?Id=30

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
CroFake wrote:
Hello there! I am new here. My name is Dino and I am from Croatia, Zagreb.

I finished school for Civil Engineering and I was working most time in Autocad. Once I went for "Extra learning" classes with my dad's colegue, he taught me how to work ( basics ) in Archicad, and i like it!
Good for you..civil engineering will come in very handy
I like it too, but you might have a little more success transitioning from 2D to 3D with Vectorworks. When you move from 3D to simulations/analysis/FEM you may wish to consider Revit (AEC) or bentley (civil)
CroFake wrote:

My plan is to finish Civil Engineer University, but I do not know do I need to know to work in Archicad because it's main is purpose for architects? Can I make bridges, roads and rail roads in archicad? What do you think is it better to expand my knowledge in Archicad ( for buildings, roads, rail roads and Bridges ) or to dismiss all that and jump to autodesk products for that purposes. Please I need some info and advices.
Have you finshed or are you still studing because there is a big difference as to what is done in Uni and out in the real world.Goodluck?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
You should try talking to Marin Racic at 3DArt

http://www.3dart.hr/Item.aspx?Id=30

Cheers,
Link.
Look around mate the world is moving to MUYLTIPHYSICS WITH DATA
Comsol, Strand7, Ansys (just to name a few) while GS is stuck on SINGLE PHYSICS LOL eg Archiphysics?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
DesignEngineerBIM wrote:
Comsol, Strand7, Ansys (just to name a few) while GS is stuck on SINGLE PHYSICS?
Yeah that's great mate - knock yourself out.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
DesignEngineerBIM wrote:
Comsol, Strand7, Ansys (just to name a few) while GS is stuck on SINGLE PHYSICS?

Cheers,
Link.
Yeh,I go to great detail/presentation in explaining to clients what opening a window does...especially when coupling contaminant tracing
Anonymous
Not applicable
DesignEngineerBIM wrote:
Link wrote:
DesignEngineerBIM wrote:

Cheers,
Link.
Yeh,I go to great detail/presentation in explaining to clients what opening a window does...especially when coupling contaminant tracing
Since you clearly don't like Archicad, may I ask what you are doing on this forum?