BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad > Collada > 3Ds Max - Scale issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am trying to export my Archicad model to 3Ds max using Collada.
However, it never comes to 3Ds with required scale.

My Archicad unit setting are all in millimeters > I save the model as .dae (no parameters of saving available) > I open 3Ds Max and set all units to millimeters > I import .dae file to Max and it says that the imported file is in centimeters > I select convert units to millimeters > File opened in 3Ds scaled 1:5 (in max the building is 2 meters high while its real height is 10m).
I did the same procedure having units in Archicad and 3Ds Max in meters but result is the same.

I can scale it up or down to the right size but it would mess up the textures.

Appreciate your suggestions on this issue.

Cheers
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I am not that familiar with the way Collada works (whether it has real world units, or just drawing units like AutoCAD), but I think you can rule out if it goes bad during import or export, if you open the DAE file in some kind of 3rd party Collada viewer application.

But better yet, if you select 'File>Save As...' with the 3D window open and front, you can save directly in 3DS format and avoid all this hustle. If you need to import a 3DS file back to ARCHICAD, you can use the 3D Studio-In Add-in (part of the Goodies Pack) to do it.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!