Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad in a Autocad city

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to start using Archicad 17 in order to make my job more enjoyable and easier. The problem is that the BIM concept hasn't been implemented in my city yet. Architects and engineers only work with Autocad.

As an architect, I usually have to send my designs in dwg format to a group of engineers (Structural, mechanical, electrical). They send me back their respective drawings in the same format.

So, what would be the best workflow for me?
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Nothing to it, all users have had to share information with Autocad or other software platforms.

-To share you will need to publish from AC to Autocad this implies defining correct translators which are not a big deal.

- What you receive from your consultants in DWG you will either link (place) for reference or use X-Refs.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
What you receive from your consultants in DWG you will either link (place) for reference or use X-Refs.
Would it me necesary to model MEP elements once I have the drawings from my consultants?
Eduardo Rolon
If you want to but you can model only the critical areas to verify.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
If you want to but you can model only the critical areas to verify.
Is there a systematic way to detect what areas of my model need to be modified or updated once I have my consultant drawings linked?

and

Where can I find video tutorials to learn archicad 17?
Eduardo Rolon
You would use "Trace and Reference" to overlay your consultant drawings over your model to see the changes.

check here for videos on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/Archicad

or here

http://www.graphisoft.com/learning/
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator