Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad morph export to 3ds max problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
I have a problem when i try to export a flat morph object (let's say a straight wall converted to morph), from archicad 16 to 3ds max ("save as 3ds"). The morph object in 3ds max looks like it has shiny surfaces (the ssufficesdon't look like they are flat, but they appear to have some strange shadows). This is so annoying. I can't assign materials to this object's surfaces because they look distorted. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem, I would be glad, if anyone could help us with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hei there! Im having that exact problem and with a deadline tomorrow..
Luckily it seems solved now, after some moments of almost giving up.
Simply select (in 3dsmax) all the objects that were created with the morph tool in archicad, apply a Smooth modifier and then convert to mesh.

That fixed it for me.

Good luck!

Pau
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks Pau for posting the solution.

Another idea would be using .obj (Wavefront) format instead. Many of our clients prefer that format, even though the native 3DS is available.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
uaqpau wrote:
Hei there! Im having that exact problem and with a deadline tomorrow..
Luckily it seems solved now, after some moments of almost giving up.
Simply select (in 3dsmax) all the objects that were created with the morph tool in archicad, apply a Smooth modifier and then convert to mesh.

That fixed it for me.

Good luck!

Pau
Pau,
Thank you very much