BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad .pln files to DWG!

Anonymous
Not applicable
First of all I would like to apologize maybe this is not the right place to place these kinde of questions. So I started to work for a company to design some Car parts. THey whant me to draw and send to them .dwg .dwx files. So I told to them thet my master softwear is ArchiCAD and i thought that everythign would be ok if I draw in ArchiCAD and just sav them to .dwg that Archicad 18 has, but when I save them to .dwg I loose the sharpnes in the drawing for example the circles are not any more on autocad shown as circles but they are shown as a step by step line is not that smoothe. The pdf file saved from archicad is perfect.Just the dwg file on autocad is not that smothe. So my question is if anyone knows how can I get a perfect .dwg as it shows on archicad I mean how to get perfect circles corners everything like is shown on archicad not some weird cicles.

Sorry for my bad english but I think ull get the point what I ment. If som1 need I can even upload pictures of what I am talking about.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this may be caused by a setting in the other software, and has nothing to do with ArchiCAD's output.
For example, in AutoCAD there is a resolution setting:

https://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/how-to-fix-blocky-circles-arcs/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think this may be caused by a setting in the other software, and has nothing to do with ArchiCAD's output.
For example, in AutoCAD there is a resolution setting:

https://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2011/08/02/how-to-fix-blocky-circles-arcs/

Thank you wery much you just saved my day. I am a newbie on autocad so thank you again.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Nice, I still have some use for my AutoCAD knowledge from 20 years ago.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!