Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad to Autocad - Text and Line style problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I convert my Archicad layout to DWG, all texts in my drawings are appearing on weird locations. As seen in the image. Also none of my line types appear. All dotted or dashed lines appears as solid lines.

I tried a lot of things but nothing changed. What would you suggest?
Thanks.
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

We have inspected atomheart's project, and found 2 things:

- The texts probably move to a wrong position because of a bug in the Translators, so we will investigate that further in-house. But apparently this only happens if you select to "Save Layout into Model Space" in the Translator. If you save it to Paper Space, it exports texts properly (the default "01 For further Editing" Translator saves to the layout). In this case the drawing will save to into the model space, and a cropped view of that will be placed in Paper Space.

- The Line types all convert to Solid because the Line Type conversion in the Translator was set to "BYLAYER". In this case original line types will be disregarded, and all lines will youse the layer's line type (which is solid by default).
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit