Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad to Revit worfklow - Problem with door swing visibility

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an Archicad model, which I have to export as an IFC so I can use it in Revit MEP.

When I do so and import the IFC in Revit, the door swings are not visible. I've already tried many translator configurations but none seems to work out.

The oddest thing is, I'm able to export a version with the door swings when I match the IFC Site Location with the survey point; however, when I match with project origin (which is what I need), the door swings never show.

What could be the issue here? The option related to 2D visibility of doors/windows inside "Model Filter" is always marked.
6 REPLIES 6
Hello Giovana Hardt,

Have you checked your model view configuration before exporting your IFC ?
What is the schema and MVD of your IFC ?
Are you able to share it ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
bouhmidage
Advisor
Use the Archicad and Revit model exchange add on provided by GRAPHISOFT, and use it to import the IFC in Revit, Revit doesn't read correctly IFC, you can check your IFC quality in Solibri for example, to check if the exported IFC has problems or not
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cristophe Fortineau, I've tried many schema configurations, but they were all based on the general export translator. I attached some prints here. I apologize because my Archicad is in Portuguese, but I guess the options are standardized throughout the different language templates. If you have any doubt regarding what's written just ask me.

As to the model view definitions, yes I did check them. The 3D visualization of doors and windows are all set as "Complete".

@bouhmidage I checked the models in Solibri and they're apparently fine. Could you tell me more in detail which are the parameters I should be looking for?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I managed to import a model that shows 2D projections of doors, including door swings. They are, however, displaced from the model, as you can see in the image I attached.

When I click on one of the door swings to try to move them, they disappear. In the 3D view, the doors are placed correctly, attached to the walls, so I guess it's an issue related to the projections and not to the doors themselves.
Giovana wrote:
in Solibri and they're apparently fine
No need to look for Archicad. If Solibri manages to read your IFC model correctly then it means that the IFC export is correct.
I invite you to contact the export trader AECOsim Building Designer and then let me know about your door and window concerns.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Giovana,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry for the experience!

It turned out to be an issue with Revit's IFC import. As Christophe has mentioned, if Solibri reads the file correctly, the IFC export from Archicad should be correct. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about it in this case. I really hope Autodesk will fix it soon!

Thank you very much for your understanding! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT