Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad to Sketchup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I try to save my ArchiCAD model as a sketchup file, nothing happens. It just closes the save window but does not save the file. I have discovered that it will not save unless I uncheck "doors" when saving. Has anyone else experienced this? Why am I able to export every model category except for the doors?
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Most likely one of the doors has a geometry that ArchiCAD can't translate to SKP format. Maybe some self intersecting planes going on or very complex geometry.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello DMilewsky,

Could you send me that project in a Private Message? (or if you can narrow it down to just a few elements that prevent the export, then a simpler version is fine as well)
I would like to take a look at it to see what causes the problem, so we can fix it!

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Lingwisyer
Guru
I think Erwin is correct about the geometry, as I had a similar issue but with objects so I would have to not include objects in the export. I do not think we solved the issue, we just removed all the furniture as it was irrelevant to the consultant anyway. Though that is not always possible, such as in your case...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660