Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad12 to C4D 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

forgive me if i'm wrong but the way to open a project in c4d is: in Archicad 12 Save as.....c4d and then open in C4d. No? However what's up with the scale? Everything is imported into C4D as miniatures. Even changing the Scale Factor (Edit----Preferences-----Units-----Archicad Import) doesn't help.
It seems the only way around this is saving as .obj format in Archicad 12.Plus the Scale factor in Wavefront Import works.
Why has the whole process change? Archicad 11 to C4D 10/10.5 worked like a charm. Are there any updates?Whats the word from Graphisoft and/or Maxon?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
are your units set the same in both archicad and cinema 4d?
Eduardo Rolon
Set the unit to inches in AC before exporting to C4D, the default is Feet - Inches. The Scale Factor has never worked in AC12.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark44 it makes no difference. Even if the units in both programs are the same, the imported data into C4D is always miniscule.
Ejrolon I tried it but no joy. However does it matter which option of Feet-Inches I choose? Fractional or Decimal?
Eduardo Rolon
Set AC to decimal inches and C4D to inches, that was what I did to avoid the problem, any other combination will give you the miniature model. Apparently AC has problems with the Fractions. IF both are in inches you will get the correct scale in C4D and then you can import extra stuff from SketchUp and it will land in the correct positions.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Mark44 my mistake. Units were set the same. I forgot to scale grid etc.