Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Architerra: Road booleans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

we have tested the architerra and i'd say that we can "almost" consider it as a god-send if it wasn't for these quirks that im about to highlight.

I have been trying to learn architerra for the past few hours and id say that i got the general concept and its not really that hard to learn.
i have generated and optimized our project to workable terrain. earlier at the office, i was able to complete the roadworks for the site until the intersections and road junctions. I have tried modeling the junctions using road tool using fills and/ or plateau tool.

My biggest obstacle now is this...I update everything and its just perfect at first the comes the 2nd road segment which in end ruins my entire mesh. The boolean operator for the road doesnt seem to work. Kindly refer to the enclosed image.

Anyone cares to shed some light on this matter would be fantastic.
1 REPLY 1
ICEdevil
Newcomer
Da_RoCk wrote:
Hi all,

we have tested the architerra and i'd say that we can "almost" consider it as a god-send if it wasn't for these quirks that im about to highlight.

I have been trying to learn architerra for the past few hours and id say that i got the general concept and its not really that hard to learn.
i have generated and optimized our project to workable terrain. earlier at the office, i was able to complete the roadworks for the site until the intersections and road junctions. I have tried modeling the junctions using road tool using fills and/ or plateau tool.

My biggest obstacle now is this...I update everything and its just perfect at first the comes the 2nd road segment which in end ruins my entire mesh. The boolean operator for the road doesnt seem to work. Kindly refer to the enclosed image.

Anyone cares to shed some light on this matter would be fantastic.
i kinda had the same issue...

I just rebuilt the damn thing after fiddling with the settings, and everything came back to normal.

Also, don't forget to edit the height of both sides of the road, this would be one of my mistakes...
ArchiCAD 11 build 1210
ArchiCAD 12 Hotfix 3
AMD Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2 GB DDR, Nvidia geforce 6600GT, Win XP SP2