Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Architron architectural program - mid 80's

rob2218
Enthusiast
I'm curious.
I just recalled that term "Architron" and it was a program used by some students at University of Florida back in the mid-80's or so.

There was this dude from Lithuania or Bulgaria or somewhere there abouts who used this program religiously....he was always in the UF design lab where they had Microstation and other various programs, Autocad 2.5 inclusive and well..I was wondering if any knew where Architron program came from?

thanks,
Rob
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
3 REPLIES 3
mikas
Expert
I believe it was called Architrion, and I think it was french (at least originally).

http://archtools.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-french-connection-architrion-boa.html
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
rob2218
Enthusiast
Yes, I think that was it but.....I remember seeing that on a white screen, on a MAC. So I'm not sure just "what" OS that software was displayed on in the video. The one I remember was on a MAC II or Apple II or LiSA or somrthing like that......but it did have that same/similar name..."Architron" or "Architrion"....something like that.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Stress Co_
Advisor
Some info here
(the comments too):
http://archtools.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-french-connection-architrion-boa.html
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)