Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Area zone schedule help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

We are currently transitioning to ArchiCAD for it's interactive schedule feature, as it's prone to lesser errors compared to inputting figures manually at AutoCAD. So far I get the scheme settings bit however I am struggling to create a schedule with the following information. Basically we do lots of small warehouse units with mezzanine office, and we need to come out with a schedule that has the areas of each of the units, their respective mezz office area, gross floor area and net floor area. We also need a total of the areas for each component as it is crucial for our client's information.

So far I can only do it with a single criteria and field (eg. Unit ID and warehouse area). I can't seem to add in mezzanine area as a field to place right beside the warehouse area. I've attached a sample of a schedule that we've been doing in all of our projects.

Any help is deeply appreciated as this is one of the main reason we changed to ArchiCAD and now I've hit a brick road. Thanks guys!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Silly question, but is that attached sample of what you're trying to achieve, or what you've got so far?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

That is what I'm trying to achieve. However after a long fiddling around, I've managed to achieved a somewhat similar table.

What I did is I made 4 seperate tables (by playing around with zone property and purpose to seperate Ground Floor and Mezz), then I created those 4 seperate tables each with their respective field (ground floor area, mezz area, gross area etc), then I stitch them together on the layout page.

Theoretically it works however I'm still trying to find out if there is a smarter way to achieve this table in a single schedule without creating a bunch of schedules and stick them together. I've added snippets of my schedules with it's scheme settings in hope the experts here can shed some light on this!
felcunha
Expert
If you use AC22 you can deal with expressions to get the values of some areas. You can therefore create a property which group the mezzanine zones areas.
The same for your net area.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
JSN
Enthusiast
How can you "group" or sum up areas in an expression? Afaik you can only deal with values within one and the same element?
felcunha
Expert
You're right, we can't group areas in an expression but I was trying to find a way to handle them using conditional expressions. Rather complicated, hard to know in advance if it could work without knowing exactly the needs and the ways to achieve them.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey