Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Arrays in PARAM-O

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello guys, im having a little fun with the new PARAM-O, and it looks awesome! But I need now to make an array with variable amount of itens along the total dimension of my object (objects must have fixed space between them). Am I missing something or this is impossible in the current state of PARAM-O? If so, will it be ever added? This is a MUST for more complex parametric objects.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Something like this?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I can see a "List Inputs" group of Nodes, which includes Integer Series, Number Series, Random Series, and Number Distribution. I don't know exactly what you want to do, but you may be able to achieve it with one of the above four Nodes.
From your description, you may be looking for the "Number Distribution" Node.
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
I can see a "List Inputs" group of Nodes, which includes Integer Series, Number Series, Random Series, and Number Distribution. I don't know exactly what you want to do, but you may be able to achieve it with one of the above four Nodes.
From your description, you may be looking for the "Number Distribution" Node.
Yes, looking in the reference for the nodes, i guess the "Number Series" would be more what I'm looking for. But it's not there yet. Though these node act like arrays, how can i use them to multiply a single "Block" node multiple times?
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Something like this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly!!! So the array function IS there! But with a different name and kind of hidden in the nodes. There's nothing indicating (not even in the reference guide) that a List Input connected to a Move transform and then connected to a block would result in multiple copies of the block. But here is the answer! Many thanks my friend.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I looked at the examples on the GRAPHISOFT site. They can give some ideas on how to do things, even if it is in the form of screenshots:

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/param-o
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo,
I am also exploring Param-o. It is way more impressive than I thought.
I can see lots of potential. Specially for creating small GDL objects for CW and Railings.
But I think it lacks of some more practical tutorials or a more detailed documentation.
I would also like to know if there is any function that allows us to create custom user inputs on Floorplan or 3d. Like a path defined with a series of points. Or perhaps some source of Hotspots
Thanks in advance.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Braza wrote:
But I think it lacks some more practical tutorials or more detailed documentation.

Yes, I agree, I will forward this to GRAPHISOFT.

I would also like to know if there is any function that allows us to create custom user inputs on Floorplan or 3d. Like a path defined with a series of points. Or perhaps some source of Hotspots
Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is such an input mechanism currently, but it is a great idea, just like we have such inputs in Grasshopper, we could have such inputs in Param-O, which would greatly extend its capabilities. I have an inkling the developers already thought about this, but I will forward this suggestion to them anyway.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laszlo.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, hotspots like in other gdl objects or complex profile would be great.