Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Attribute Manager - Composites for Walls - wont purge

tsturm
Newcomer
I have a table that is set up to find walls and show their composites and the ID they are set to. It would appear I have found and IDd all the walls; element, composite or complex profiled. Yet, the Attribute manager still thinks there are some composites that are being used. I cannot find these walls.

I have looked in the favorites section. Noting set for Favorites. I dont want to delete them just in case some wall in the file REALLY is using them. I have turned on ALL layers.

I am lost as to where these WALLs are being used. Suggestions please.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
tsturm wrote:
I am lost as to where these WALLs are being used. Suggestions please.

If you are sure there are no walls placed in the model and no favourites using that composite, it could be the default setting of the wall tool itself.
The default setting of all of the modelling tools will show as a used attribute in the Attribute Manager.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Also, Composite Structures may be used by Slabs, Roofs, and Shells as well.
Complex Profiles may be used by Columns and Beams as well.
So you should check the settings dialogs of these tools as well.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
tsturm
Newcomer
To continue to develop this issue,

I am including a screen shot of the attribute manager for the composites.
Note the wall composites I am trying to purge are all walls. Not being also used as slabs or sloped inclines.

None of the walls are showing up in my element table.

How do I go about finding where AC thinks these are being used? There are no Favorites in this project.
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
Karl Ottenstein
The checkmarks mean that those composites are indeed in use.

You can display all layers, all renovation status etc in 3D and then use Find & Select to find elements using those composites. I imagine if you find one, you will see where all of the others are in use.

You can look at each individual tool (with nothing selected!) as Laszlo and Barry stated and see if the composites are in use with the current (now default) settings.

Your idea of checking hotlinks is also a good one. Delete all of the hotlinks in a copy of your file and see if the attributes are still in use. If the checks are gone...then open each hotlink individually as a standalone file to sort it out. Hotlinked modules do bring along any attributes inside of them... so you probably have to delete these attributes in each module first anyway. (Attribute management = coordination with hotlinked modules requires careful attention as we are all still wishing for a shared attribute functionality.)

If you created any of your own library parts (or someone else did) by saving walls, slabs etc etc that might have used composites... and that part is placed in the project, the composite will show as in use. Finding it will be very challenging.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB