BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AutoCad 2004?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Why can not I import AutoCad 2004, I get error messages. Can AC import 2004? If not is there another way to do ithis?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
The native 2004 dwg format changed and that means that AC translator doesnot work with the current format, the same goes for R2005.
Solution make sure that the file is saved in Autocad version 2000. You can make this the default for AutoCAD under TOOLS -OPTIONS -OPEN AND SAVE...
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

stefan
Expert
The AutoCAD formats for 2004 & 2005 are the same. They cannot be read nor written by ArchiCAD 8.1

This is one for the whishlist 😉
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think it should be in the whishlist as something for version 9, because then autocad will be in version 2006, so we won't be able to read or write any last version. I think graphisoft guys should do as some years ago when they hanged on the web the ad on with the latest version of autocad I/0 for dwg and dxf. those are small files that just need update, they don't have to work on the Whole program for that.

So there´s a better item for the whishlist, keep updated via web that small item please!!!!!
Djordje
Ace
juan wrote:
So there´s a better item for the whishlist, keep updated via web that small item please!!!!!
The item is bigger than you might think ...

It is a "small" matter of Autodesk not documentig the DWG format publicly. So, OpenDWG Alliance and others who understand what collaboration means are providing the tools for reading the "industry standard". Therefore, there is some time needed to produce the readers ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks dordje for the explanation. One tends to think it's only a matter of developing it not that it depends on those people of autodesk.

You've cleared my doubts. Thanks again.
Juan
Learn and get certified!