BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

AutoCad R2002 & R2004

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to convert the above formats into ArchiCad?

are there any downloads or patches that I should be aware of?

Any help would be appreciated and hopefully save time and my boss going insane and jumping up and down on my head
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK, ArchiCAD reads DWG files only up to ACAD2000. Presumably the newer formats are in the pipeline. In the meantime the drawings will need to be saved into the 2000 format from AutoCAD.
Djordje
Ace
Matthew wrote:
AFAIK, ArchiCAD reads DWG files only up to ACAD2000. Presumably the newer formats are in the pipeline. In the meantime the drawings will need to be saved into the 2000 format from AutoCAD.
2000 and 2002 are the same file format. So it is up to 2002.

2004 OpenDWG libraries have been released only recently, so ask your consultants to send you the 2000/2002 format.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
stefan
Expert
Djordje wrote:
Matthew wrote:
2000 and 2002 are the same file format. So it is up to 2002.

2004 OpenDWG libraries have been released only recently, so ask your consultants to send you the 2000/2002 format.
Does Graphisoft use these OpenDWG libraries or do they develop their own? Tools supporting the 2004-format are getting slowly released, so I think they seem to work.

You could invest in AutoCAD 2004 LT, as a control & conversion tool 😉 but maybe you might not want to give money to Autodesk...
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!