BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Automated Weekly BIMx Model Export

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Have been researching but cannot find any answers on this.

We really want to move our entire Build Team to using BIMx in the field. The problem we're having is keeping the BIMx files up-to-date. We have some 20-30 active projects that need updated weekly (it would take wwaayyy too much time for someone in the office to babysit this process all week and we would lose a workstation). Is there a plugin for ArchiCAD or script someone has written to do this? (export 30 BIMx models over the weekend) All it would do is look at a list/array and export those BIMx models.

If no one here has seen something like this, it would be a great feature. I was accepted to the Python API Developer Forum, I have poked around in there but haven't seen much useful content. We really need this so If no one has any information, I will begin developing a small script to do this hopefully utilizing the Python API since that's what I'm familiar with.

PS Saw someone on another post point out REVIZTO but it's too expensive, we don't need all their fluff, just a weekly exporter.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just off the top of my head, if you're familiar with Python, could you set up an autoGUI script to auto publish and iterate through each file? As long as you have everything setup prior and good to go, theoretically you could just set up a Python script to run at the same time each week and specify the files you want it to open? Haven't done anything along those lines yet, but if you're familiar with Python, setting up an AutoGUI shouldn't be too difficult. Would be interested if you try anything with the Python API or Python exterior to Archicad, been trying to find good idea for Python Add-ons!
Learn and get certified!