Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Automatically reserve teamwork

teunvosters
Newcomer

Hi all,

Ive got a question about reserving elements in a teamwork file. The person I work with, often reserves his elements via the reserve button in the teamwork panel. Very often he reserves everything instead of the elements he selects. What is that about? Because it is very annoying and makes the production process less efficient. 

Probably he pushed the reserve button, without anything selected (and activate "Reserve All"). But it happens more often. Is it possible to change settings so this wouldn't happen more often.

4 REPLIES 4

Reserve All button should be hidden away from other Reserve/Send buttons because it is rarely used and many people press it by mistake. Also when you press Reserve All Teamwork project hangs up for all participants while Reservation process going on. . . 

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

perhaps you could "accidentally" press the 'Force User to Leave Project' button. Twice if neccessary.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

Not Joking these buttons are close to each other and looks very similar. Release All used very often while Reserve All used in very rare cases. Buttons both Icons and Text are very similar and accidents happens from time to time that someone press "Reserve All". I'am taking not about my dreams but how it happens in real teamwork projects with more than 5 participants working at the same time 😉

AlgimantasKuprenas_0-1666244306896.png

GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager Training Week attendee
ArchiCAD v9 - v26 INT / NOR (5002)
cpu i5-12600K @ 5.0Ghz, ram 32GB, gpu 1060 GTX
ssd NVMe, Windows 11
ArchiCAD Discord channel: https://discord.gg/QdWxSJ33

You can always customise the menus in the Work Environment.

Move the 'Reserve All' command to the bottom of the list or into a sub-folder so you have to drill into one more level to get to it.

Of course you will have to have everyone use the same Work Environment if it is an issue for all users.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11