Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM SERVER | INSTALLATION FOR ARCHICAD 18

Mjules
Mentor
When I tried to install my ArchiCAD 18's BIM Server, the following message is displayed: "Error occurred during the 'Install Module' process.

Once I installed the BIM Server, I can't link ArchiCAD 18 to it because of that error.

Into my ArhiCAD 18 Interface, the "Teamwork Project Settings" is not active. When I try to share a project from the "Teamwork" feature to the BIM Server, the "Share" Button of the "Teamwork" feature is not active. When I try to import project from the "BIM Server", a message error appeared, etc.

For your information, I am using the following software: OS X 10.9.4 (13E28) and ArchiCAD 18 International.

Please advise !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
I don't have an answer... and since nobody else has written in the week since you posted, perhaps you should contact tech support?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Mjules
Mentor
This file shows one of the error messages as occurred.
Error Message.jpg
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Eduardo Rolon
If you had an error on install then you need to uninstall and try again. Check that you have the correct permissions on the folder that BimS is installing to.

If you already installed without problems then check that you have a static IP for the computer running Bimserver? If not then you need to assign one because without it the other computers cannot connect to it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Mjules
Mentor
ejrolon wrote:
If you had an error on install then you need to uninstall and try again. Check that you have the correct permissions on the folder that BimS is installing to.

If you already installed without problems then check that you have a static IP for the computer running Bimserver? If not then you need to assign one because without it the other computers cannot connect to it.
Hi,

I have tried again, again and again since a couple of weeks !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Eduardo Rolon
Then my recommendation is to get in touch with your reseller. I have installed only 2 Bimservers and both went without problems so I have no idea what is going wrong with yours but if it was widespread you would not be alone with the problem. I think there is a step that you are missing but I have no idea what it is or how to find it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Mjules
Mentor
ejrolon wrote:
Then my recommendation is to get in touch with your reseller. I have installed only 2 Bimservers and both went without problems so I have no idea what is going wrong with yours but if it was widespread you would not be alone with the problem. I think there is a step that you are missing but I have no idea what it is or how to find it.
Hi Ejrolon,

All the steps are followed. I think that the problem is of a technical nature for the international version of ArchiCAD 18.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Karl Ottenstein
Mjules wrote:
Since your profile lists your license as a full, professional version (not EDU)... why torture yourself for weeks, when you have free technical support available? As I said earlier...and Eduardo has also... contact your reseller for tech support and move forward. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Mjules
Mentor
Karl wrote:
Mjules wrote:
Since your profile lists your license as a full, professional version (not EDU)... why torture yourself for weeks, when you have free technical support available? As I said earlier...and Eduardo has also... contact your reseller for tech support and move forward. 🙂
Graphisoft is in charge of this technical problem now !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)