Collaborate forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM SERVER | INSTALLATION FOR ARCHICAD 18

Mjules
Enthusiast
When I tried to install my ArchiCAD 18's BIM Server, the following message is displayed: "Error occurred during the 'Install Module' process.

Once I installed the BIM Server, I can't link ArchiCAD 18 to it because of that error.

Into my ArhiCAD 18 Interface, the "Teamwork Project Settings" is not active. When I try to share a project from the "Teamwork" feature to the BIM Server, the "Share" Button of the "Teamwork" feature is not active. When I try to import project from the "BIM Server", a message error appeared, etc.

For your information, I am using the following software: OS X 10.9.4 (13E28) and ArchiCAD 18 International.

Please advise !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)
Alienware | 64 GB RAM | Windows 10
8 REPLIES 8

Karl Ottenstein
Moderator
I don't have an answer... and since nobody else has written in the week since you posted, perhaps you should contact tech support?
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.3, iMac Pro

Mjules
Enthusiast
This file shows one of the error messages as occurred.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)
Alienware | 64 GB RAM | Windows 10

Eduardo Rolon
Moderator
If you had an error on install then you need to uninstall and try again. Check that you have the correct permissions on the folder that BimS is installing to.

If you already installed without problems then check that you have a static IP for the computer running Bimserver? If not then you need to assign one because without it the other computers cannot connect to it.
eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
Another of the forum moderators.
Macbook Pro 2.4 i9 32GB ram
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

Mjules
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
If you had an error on install then you need to uninstall and try again. Check that you have the correct permissions on the folder that BimS is installing to.

If you already installed without problems then check that you have a static IP for the computer running Bimserver? If not then you need to assign one because without it the other computers cannot connect to it.
Hi,

I have tried again, again and again since a couple of weeks !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)
Alienware | 64 GB RAM | Windows 10

Eduardo Rolon
Moderator
Then my recommendation is to get in touch with your reseller. I have installed only 2 Bimservers and both went without problems so I have no idea what is going wrong with yours but if it was widespread you would not be alone with the problem. I think there is a step that you are missing but I have no idea what it is or how to find it.
eduardo rolón AIA NCARB
Another of the forum moderators.
Macbook Pro 2.4 i9 32GB ram
OS X 10.XX latest
AC25 US/INT -> AC08

Mjules
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
Then my recommendation is to get in touch with your reseller. I have installed only 2 Bimservers and both went without problems so I have no idea what is going wrong with yours but if it was widespread you would not be alone with the problem. I think there is a step that you are missing but I have no idea what it is or how to find it.
Hi Ejrolon,

All the steps are followed. I think that the problem is of a technical nature for the international version of ArchiCAD 18.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)
Alienware | 64 GB RAM | Windows 10

Karl Ottenstein
Moderator
Mjules wrote:
I have tried again, again and again since a couple of weeks !
Since your profile lists your license as a full, professional version (not EDU)... why torture yourself for weeks, when you have free technical support available? As I said earlier...and Eduardo has also... contact your reseller for tech support and move forward. 🙂
One of the forum moderators   •   AC 25 USA and earlier   •   MacOS 11.6.3, iMac Pro

Mjules
Enthusiast
Karl wrote:
Mjules wrote:
I have tried again, again and again since a couple of weeks !
Since your profile lists your license as a full, professional version (not EDU)... why torture yourself for weeks, when you have free technical support available? As I said earlier...and Eduardo has also... contact your reseller for tech support and move forward. 🙂
Graphisoft is in charge of this technical problem now !
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-25 (Full)
Alienware | 64 GB RAM | Windows 10

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!