Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server 14 Library issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK,

We have finally got around to updating to v14, but are having some strange issues getting BIM Server Libraries to load.

On Client Machines:
In AC14, I cannot get BIM Server Libraries to load... they show in the list, but are listed as "offline". "Reload Libraries" does nothing.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

On Server Machine:
In AC14 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

So, as you can see, my issues is getting BIM Server Libraries to load into AC14 on client machines.

Any help is appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had the same problem. Way around it is to delete the 'TW Data' folder. C: > users > "User Name" > Graphisoft.

Make sure you are not in archicad, and delete the TW Data folder, then reload the TW file from the BIM server.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Chris wrote:
We have had the same problem. Way around it is to delete the 'TW Data' folder. C: > users > "User Name" > Graphisoft.

Make sure you are not in archicad, and delete the TW Data folder, then reload the TW file from the BIM server.
The whole folder?! I would have thought that deleting just the offending LIB folder would have been enough, at least to start with? In AC14 this can be attempted/done via the Local Data Manager.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was one of the first things I tried. Still not loading correctly.
kpaczari
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
What happens if you delete the files containing known servers/users?

Win
c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Graphisoft\TeamworkInfo.xml
c:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Graphisoft\TeamworkInfo_v2.xml

Mac
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Graphisoft/TeamworkInfo.xml
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Graphisoft/TeamworkInfo_v2.xml

Please move them to the Recycle Bin/Trash, because if this helps, then we need to look at them.
Krisztián Paczári
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
Anonymous
Not applicable
kpaczari,

This worked, initially, but it seems present the same problem every time I open up 13 then 14 again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have the same problem here at the office and it seems to be recurring. If we get around to fix it it seems to come back after a little while.

Also, we can open any project on the server bur sometimes its libraries are missing and we cant connect to the server to update or change them. The library is shown as offline in the library manager.

I'd be interested to know if any developments are made on this topic.

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
A little update,

Would it be possible that the management port is blocked on my computer preventing AC from communicating library information. Because I can work on a project, send/receive changes and send/receive messages but I simply cant access library management in any way. Even the server manager wont connect from my workstation.

Strangely, the other workstation in the office is the same machine and same build of AC and everything works fine.

So from my beginner point of view the management port might be the culprit but I cant develop on the matter since im not really MAC savvy.
schagemann
Enthusiast
arthur,

depending on your MacOS version local firewall settings can be found e.g. on 10.6 under:

apple menu > system preferences > security > firewall

depending on your overall network setup (i.e. where is your firewall - in a small office it is typically on the router) you can turn the local firewall off.

also please provide a information on your specific hardware setup in your signature.

ds.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
owen
Newcomer
jbissaillon wrote:
OK,

We have finally got around to updating to v14, but are having some strange issues getting BIM Server Libraries to load.

On Client Machines:
In AC14, I cannot get BIM Server Libraries to load... they show in the list, but are listed as "offline". "Reload Libraries" does nothing.
Are you getting this with a project you have Migrated from 13 to 14 and/or a file newly shared to the 14 BIM Server?

In both instances above we find this offline error - the way to resolve seems to be to Reserve and remove the problem libraries from the file, reload libraries (i.e none loaded) and then re-add the libraries again and reload.

Once this is done they seem to stick. My understanding is that 13 & 14 files are hosted on separate BIM Server modules (13 & 14) but that the libraries are common to both (i.e you don't have version specific duplicates of the same libraries). The links to the libraries in 14 seem to get screwed up during migrate/share and this points them in the right direction once in a 14 TW file.

There is also another possibly-related problem we have also been experiencing in 14 - missing objects from loaded libraries. The libraries seem to load, however many (or all) objects from those libraries are listed as missing and do not display (other than as black dots). We have not put a finger on the cause. The solution is similar steps as above with the addition of deleting the locally cached libraries from the users TW Data folder (as per Links suggestion) after removing the libraries and before doing the 'no-Libraries' library reload. Once this is done, then re-add the libraries, Send Changes and then Reload Project.

None of these library problems seem to be happening on 13 files

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5