Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server 14 Library issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK,

We have finally got around to updating to v14, but are having some strange issues getting BIM Server Libraries to load.

On Client Machines:
In AC14, I cannot get BIM Server Libraries to load... they show in the list, but are listed as "offline". "Reload Libraries" does nothing.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

On Server Machine:
In AC14 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

So, as you can see, my issues is getting BIM Server Libraries to load into AC14 on client machines.

Any help is appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous
Not applicable
owen,

This is happening on new AC14 projects. i have not migrated any projects from 13 to 14 yet.

I have tried both of those methods before without complete success (ie, it works initially, but not once re-opened), but will try again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi jbissaillon

I seem to be having the same problem as you, problem is, now deleting the TWdata folder doesn't make any difference anymore. The libraries are still 'missing'.

I have tried everything, from re-sharing the project, re-populating and refreshing the BIM Server Libraries, Uninstalling, reinstalling and updating ArchiCAD and still no joy.

What I have noticed is that it is only two of my project that are playing up, the others seem fine.

Could this have something to do with file size? The two that are playing up are the layout book file and model file of the same project.

Any ideas.

Regards
Trevor
iMac 3.06 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4
ArchiCAD 14 build 3269 int.
KenMcN
Contributor
owen wrote:
There is also another possibly-related problem we have also been experiencing in 14 - missing objects from loaded libraries. The libraries seem to load, however many (or all) objects from those libraries are listed as missing and do not display (other than as black dots).
Owen
We've got a series of files where most of a library loads but a specific folder doesn't. This folder happens to be an archive for old library objects (and their macros) and has quite a lot of nested folders.

When opening a different file remotely (long story… but I think it had a similar library folder structure) I got a message that the path to an object within a folder was too long. I was not aware there was a limit to this (on Mac Snow Leopard - see attachment).
[/img]
Is there any chance your library is exceeding this limit (whatever length it is), but not displaying this error message as you are not working remotely?
This may account for the first parts of the library being available, but some nested folders not loading.

May be clutching at straws, but I'd like to find out if this is relevant or not.
Cheers
Kenny
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hotfix 1 just came out for AC14.
Do you guys still ahve these problems even after updating?
The hotfix is supposed to have fixed various issues.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo,

Just ran the update and cleared out the "TeamworkInfo" files again before opening up v.14.

Experiencing the same issue... BIM Server Libraries are shown as offline.

Any other thoughts?

How about someone from Graphisoft? This is basically prohibiting us as an office from working in 14... and forcing us to question our subscription.
owen
Newcomer
KenMcN wrote:
Is there any chance your library is exceeding this limit (whatever length it is), but not displaying this error message as you are not working remotely?
This may account for the first parts of the library being available, but some nested folders not loading
The path to any of our files would be quite long .. hard to say if it could be a problem though without knowing what (if any) limit there is. I wasn't aware of one.

Anyway not sure this could be the cause as this problem is only occuring with BIM Server libraries - if we link a PLN of the same file to the original library on our file server then all objects display. So the problem is with BIM Server libraries - I suspect specifically with how they are (or not in this case) syncing with your local cached libraries. I have looked into the local cache libraries and the object files are not there - yet they are on the BIM Server copy of the library. Something is obviously not working with this sync process and so not all objects are being copied locally.

One very dodgy, very temporary workaround is to copy the missing objects directly into your local cache library from the server. I shudder to say that but it works if you really just need to get something done now ..

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
KenMcN
Contributor
owen wrote:
…So the problem is with BIM Server libraries - I suspect specifically with how they are (or not in this case) syncing with your local cached libraries. I have looked into the local cache libraries and the object files are not there - yet they are on the BIM Server copy of the library. Something is obviously not working with this sync process and so not all objects are being copied locally.

One very dodgy, very temporary workaround is to copy the missing objects directly into your local cache library from the server.
You're right Owen, the files don't get synced across and work fine if they are manually copied (which we've also had to resort to).

I wondered if it was a problem with file permissions, but that all looks the same for each folder, so drew a blank there. If it is a problem with the working of the BIM server then GS need to look into this, there's not a lot more we can do.
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Eduardo Rolon
If "the path is too long" error it is the same as the one for Xref's the limit is 27 letters. This comes from the pre Mac OS X days.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is still not resolved here. We have 2 IMAC stations who just cant sync the library folder on the server and another thats just fine. The 3 stations have exactly the same hardware and the only difference I could see is the OSX protection update thats different.

This thing is driving us crazy over here... anyopne think we can bill Graphisoft for the many hours we lost at the office trying to resolve their problems?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I spent about half of the day today trying to get to the bottom of this issue.

-Uninstalled both modules of the BIM Server
-Reinstalled 13 and updated.
-Reinstalled 14 and updated.
-Created the projects from the .twpackage and .BIMProject files
-Added the BIM Server Libraries from a client machine (using v.14)
-Tried to add the BIM Server Library to a new project

Still... will not load into the client project... says its unavailable.