Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server 14 Library issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK,

We have finally got around to updating to v14, but are having some strange issues getting BIM Server Libraries to load.

On Client Machines:
In AC14, I cannot get BIM Server Libraries to load... they show in the list, but are listed as "offline". "Reload Libraries" does nothing.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

On Server Machine:
In AC14 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.
In AC13 the BIM Server Libraries load fine.

So, as you can see, my issues is getting BIM Server Libraries to load into AC14 on client machines.

Any help is appreciated.
55 REPLIES 55
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
When some libraries are missing check how do you access the BIM Server: if the server has a valid DNS name use that (not the IP address), not only when joining the project but when adding libraries too.
If you have a library which elements seems to be missing: delete the library from library manager and add it again by using the DNS name of the server.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
KenMcN
Contributor
Marton
The problem is that part of the library is loaded, but some folders are not. If the wrong address had been used the whole library would be missing.

Unfortunately deleting the local copy and reloading just copies across the same (limited) folder structure.
V25 & 26 (fully patched); Mac Ventura, MacBook Pro M1 Max
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton,

In the add new server dialog when I add the server using the DNS instead of the IP the drop down menu still gives me the IP adress and not the DNS name. Now none of our machine can download libraries from the server. Sure we can upload them but we cant access them in any way.

We're just completely clueless on this ( and extremely angry but ill pass on that ) nothing thats supposed to work actually works.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear all,

If you are experiencing the Library problem on Mac, please follow these steps:
http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/Teamwork/LibraryNotFound

Hopefully this will resolve the issue.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Arthur,

You might want to additionally delete the connections.xml file from:
/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/ConnectionInfo/14.0.0

This will make ArchiCAD forget all the previously used servers and you can start a blank page.
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gergely,

Thank You, this worked for me.

Someone might want to update the General troubleshooting tips for Teamwork on the Wiki page...

It directly contradicts the previous link concerning the name of the BIM Server. "What is the "Computer's name" of your BIM Server? It should be something like bimserver.company.com, generated by the DNS server. It should not have the computername.local format"

Joe
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We do recommend to have a qualified domain name (like bimserver.company.com) instead of a bonjour (computer.local) name. That requires a Domain Name Server (DNS) in your network. If you do not have a DNS, then you can only have a .local name, which usually works, but does lead to problems like this library trouble. Many/Most of the Mac teamwork related problems we handle here at tech support are a consequence of not having a (reliably working) DNS in the network.
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
We do have a DNS (which we have had set up since installing v13 BIM Server) w/o any problems until v14 Libraries.

It's working now w/ bonjour, so I am happy.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Sorry to be daft here, but when we load a library into the BIM SERVER, we are copying the whole thing again?

And... the ATTACHMENTS folder MUST reside on the start up drive of the BIM Serving Machine?

There may have been an opportunity to set this preference when installing the BIM Server, but seems there is NO option to relocate this after a BIM Server is created or even while creating a new BIM Server....

I am coming late to this party, but need to clear a couple of hurdles to get this working.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
BTW, I am asking because my server machine is running out of HD Space on it's internal drive, but there's room a plenty on an attached external drive.

Also... what happens when my OFFICE LIBRARY, set up as a BIM Library has additions and subtractions? Does TW2 sync it? Or is there a manual sync required?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop