BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

BIM Server 15 install

JaredBanks
Mentor
So I'm installing ArchiCAD(s) on my new machine. Everything is going fine, except i get this message when trying to install BIM Server:

One or more BIM Server modules in your current BIM Server are incompatible with the BIM Server version you are trying to install. Please Remove/Uninstall the affected modules before continuing to install this version of BIM Server.

So I don't have any other versions of ArchiCAD on the machine yet, so not sure what's going on. I did migrate a lot from my old machine, so I'm wondering if there's a setting hidden in a library somewhere that I don't know about that came over from the other machine.

Any clues? I guess I don't NEED BIM Server on my machine, but I am a completionist and want to have it there to help others trouble shoot. That and it bothers me that a new machine tells me no.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
2 REPLIES 2
JaredBanks
Mentor
Back door solution seemed to work.

Copied BIM server from my old machine. As expected, that didn't work. BUT it meant there was a copy of BIM server on the machine, so my install disk was happy to repair it. And now everything runs fine. Why the install disk wouldn't just delete whatever phantom files existed before the copy, I don't know.

Just happy to have it all up and running. Tomorrow I give back my old machine and fly free on my own!
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello There!

I have the same problem.

MAC OS X 10.6.8

Archicad 15.

Cannot uninstall Bim server 14.

There're no files on my computer regarding Bim Server 14 (anymore).

Already deleted the items in library.

Can somebody please help me out?!

Mick
Learn and get certified!